• Bachelor and/ or master’s degree in human resources, business discipline or psychology
• Graduate in Marine/Mechanical engineering preferred
• PMI/Prince 2 Qualifications and membership required
• Formal training in the use of computer software (MS Office 365, MS Project, MS SharePoint).
• 5 years of experience in ship repairs and dockings including but not limited to vessel design, operation, management and repair.
• Operational experience in the towing environment on towing vessels of not less than 3000 KW. Experience as Chief Engineer preferred.
• Excellent oral and written English (technical and conversational).
• Required expertise includes detailed knowledge in the operation and repair of marine equipment and systems, knowledge of the applicable classification and flag state requirements, specific experience with ship repair and repair management, ability to prepare and follow budgets. Incumbent has to be comfortable with deadlines and working under time and financial pressure. Incumbent must be capable of motivating employees and contractors.
• Incumbent should be competent in time and resource management, should be capable of managing sometimes conflicting goals within a project and of making value decisions within a highly constrained environment.
• Incumbent should be capable of managing subordinates of widely varying educational and motivational backgrounds. He/she should be capable of identifying and managing competing motivations and expectations.
• Good communication skills across multiple levels in the organization and with external and internal stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a global business environment with a strong sense of cultural diversity.
• Ability to travel for short or long periods of time if required at short notice.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates