Ensure that the Safety Management System is maintained up to date, and ensure the safe operations / practices on the vessels that meet the Flag State regulations, legislations and Company requirements. As well as ensure the security of vessels by keeping abreast of security issues, intelligence, compliance with procedures, advising vessels on development and counter strategies.
In addition to the above, the role is responsible to develop, update and implement NSQL Management System for continuous improvement in line with the shipping industry requirements and the best practices.
1. Implement the NSQL Management System for Continuous Improvement in line with the marine and shipping industry requirements, as well as the best practices.
2. Implement the Company International Quality System Standards, and maintain the policies and procedures for Quality and Environment certification (ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001).
3. Maintain NSQL ISM to ensure that the updates are promptly made, using the Company ‘SMS Update System’ and within the ‘Management of Change’ process.
4. Maintain up to date Company HSE monitoring system to ensure full adherence to the set due dates.
5. Supervise the Company HSSEQ management system to ensure continuous improvement.
6. Establish a system to ensure that company is aware of the latest HSSEQ regulations and legislations and provide analysis of impact of such on Company operations.
7. Steward Company SMS to ensure compliance and certification for ISM and ISPS codes.
8. Steward the re-issuance of the updated SMS in a timely manner, to ensure that the fleet is kept fully abreast of latest Company requirements.
Vessel Security & Safety:
9. Deputize Designated Person Ashore as required by the International Safety Management (SMS) code, and alternate the Company Security Officer as required by the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code.
10. Develop and implement the Company Security procedures for Company fleet vessels.
11. Develop the Company Emergency response procedures, as a member of the crisis management team, and ensure that the emergency response center is always updated and ready to use.
12. Plan, organize and execute the Company emergency response exercises/ drills in accordance with emergency response procedures to ensure preparedness to respond to any emergency.
Monitoring, Audits and Compliances:
13. Conduct Internal ISM and ISPS Audits on NSQL managed vessels, and ensure all observations and non-conformances are promptly addressed and closed out.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
14. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
15. Implement approved divisional policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
16. Organize and maintain Company circulars, and ensure that they are distributed to the vessels in a timely manner.
17. Maintain and update NSQL KPI sheet and scorecard.
18. Implement, participate and follow-up on training of Company employees on the SMS.
19. Establish a fit for purpose publications and reference materials to keep up to date with requirements of rules, regulations and legislations.
20. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure all Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Management policies and practices are always implemented and adhered to, across all NSQL vessels.
• Ensure that all incidents are thoroughly investigated and measures are put in place to prevent recurrence.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marine Engineering, or any equivalent degree in a Maritime/ shipping discipline.
• 8 years of relevant experience in Occupational Health & Safety, with at least four years in oil and gas shipping industry.
• Extensive knowledge and experience in Environmental Management systems and ISO/ ISPS / TMSA / HSSEQ audits.