Third Officer Engine
About the job
Third Officer Engine Job In USA
Responsible for operating and maintaining vessel propulsion plant and related auxiliary machinery, cargo handling systems, deck machinery and hotel systems onboard "engineers"; may or may not actually have engineering degree, but addresses technical working of ship.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position through June 8th , 2021 at 11:59 p.m. (PST).
Applicants must hold a current United States Coast Guard License (Motor vessels of any horsepower), Merchant Mariner Document, Tankerman Asst or Tankerman Dangerous Liquids, Passport, and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC). The general guideline for vessel assignment length is 75 days for licensed officers. Vacation will accrue at 30 days for each 30 days of work.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Handles engine department watch standing duties, which includes supervision and control of vessel’s machinery and equipment.
- Oversees the loading of engine department stores, bunkers and water.
- Ensures that all personnel working within the engine room comply with PPE requirements and supervisor’s safety instructions so that safe working practices are adhered to.
- Supervise and assist unlicensed personnel (machinist and utility).
- Responsible for routine maintenance and troubleshooting of engine room equipment, inspecting equipment for the need of preventative maintenance and determining requirements. Conducts routine maintenance on a variety of systems, including (but not limited to) pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical and electrical.
- Performs any other marine-related duties as required by STCW, ISM and ISPS conventions and Chevron operational procedures to ensure the safety of the vessel, its crew and cargo.
- Attends all required classes required by STCW, ISM, ISPS and Chevron to maintain valid certificates of competency.
- Participates in and furthers company programs such as Behavior-Based Safety, near-miss reporting and Job Safety Analysis.
- Current United States Coast Guard License (USCG Third Assistant Engineer of Motor Vessels of any horsepower)
- Merchant Mariners Document
- Tankerman Assist or Tankerman Dangerous Liquid
- Advanced Firefighting Certificate
- Basic Safety Training
- Valid passport.
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Working knowledge of USCG and international regulations such as MARPOL, SOLAS and ISGOTT.
- One year of service as a licensed engineer on vessels requiring unlimited horsepower.
Pre-employment Screening Consists Of
- Physical and Functional capacity evaluation examination, including DOT drug testing
- Background check
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
See More Jobs In USA
San Ramon, CA ,USA