4th Engineer Job in UK
4th Engineer - Stena Britannica
As a Fourth Engineer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to the Chief Engineer Officer for the execution of your duties. For everyday work you will be under the direction of the Third Engineer.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a Third Engineer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer/Third Engineer.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Third Engineer in accordance with vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Third Engineer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on.
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position, such as actively looking for information and guidance from Senior Engineers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
Vacancy for 4th Engineer with EOOW or 3rd Engineer (2nd engineer unlimited certified).
Rotation: 2 weeks on - 2 weeks off +leave
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Second Engineers Unlimited COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- High Voltage – Management Level
See more jobs in UK