- Thorough knowledge of vessel handling and navigational skills commensurate with operating assignments.
- Working knowledge of propulsion, auxiliary and deck machinery. Must possess strong written and oral communicative skills.
- Must be able to economically supervise all aspects of the operation of the vessel, its cargo and crew.
- Must be able to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Ability to withstand exposure to all weather conditions (rain, ice, snow, heat, wind, heavy seas, etc.)
- Ability to adapt to a variety of schedules and hours Able to work weekends, holidays, and at night. Willing to take call outs.
South African /East African nationals
All STCW , Medical Certificates etc should have minimum 6 months validity
East / West Aftica