Advisor, Offshore Technical Support
Provide technical advice and constructive input on all aspects of Upstream Group Companies and SPC companies on production and facilities engineering operations while ensuring that current and future production targets are met, and delivered effectively to achieve the related mission and vision of ADNOC.
- Provide advice and options/recommendations to Upstream Management regarding Operation, Production and Energy management in the Group Companies and SPC companies and ways to ensure progress in this field.
- Evaluate, recommend and advise on various technical issues related to production and operations to ensure that the utilization of surface production facilities / equipment is operationally and economically optimized and in conformity with ADNOC’s guidelines and objectives.
- Provide continuous support and advise in the governance of all Group Companies/SPC companies business activities by coordination with internal ADNOC Functions and contributes on the way forward.
- Evaluate, recommend and advise to ADNOC Sole Risk (ASR) and Exploration Operations, regarding the outline of production, scope of work and completion programs.
- Identify, evaluate and endorse the way forward on the implementation of new production operation technology and best practices by attending relevant technical conferences, and manage the transfer of new technology and practices to and among the Group Companies and other external companies.
- Lead taskforces and attends Shareholders committees, regular / irregular meetings, workshops, and interacts with the Upstream Group Companies and SPC companies to discuss status of sub-surface and surface development issues of technical nature to ensure longevity of facilities as well as smooth supply of oil and gas via coordinating shutdowns.
- Develop and establish systems and procedures to monitor day-to-day production and related activities including identifying, highlighting problem areas, discussing difficulties and recommending course of corrective actions for Management’s approval. Ensures conformity with ADNOC’s policies, technical standards, objectives and interests.
- Evaluate, recommend and advise on the Feasibility Studies / Decision Support Packages made by the OPCOs / consultants to optimize oil and gas production and facilities based on good field practice and ADNOC’s production requirements.
- Review / analyze production and technical reports submitted by the concerned Group of Companies, SPC Companies and Consultants, highlights comments and proposes the way forward on subjects of interest to management, as and when required.
- Follow up on relevant engineering studies as initiated by the Department Manager, correlates results, and interprets findings in terms of action and decision as required.
- Analyze, recommend and advise on Group Companies’ monthly oil, gas and water production and injection operations, including daily/monthly production status reports.
- Analyze, recommend and advise on production and related activities including identifying, highlighting constraints, discussing difficulties and recommending course of corrective actions to Management.
- Review, evaluate and provide technical input on the technical scope of bidders list, tender documents, bid evaluation, and participates with the concerned personnel in approving the selection of the best bidder in respect of material cost and quality.
- Participates in the industry Shareholders technical audits of the Upstream Group Companies and SPC companies and follows up on the recommended action plans.
- Provides support in the establishment of new companies to ensure proper integration of ADNOC’s Production Units objectives.
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends on OPCOs’ quarterly performances and ensures alignment with ADNOC’s objectives. Supports the OPCOs to achieve operation excellence through various development optimizations, sharing experience/lessons learnt and improving current practices.
- Ensures the implementation of new technologies recommended by ADNOC management to the Upstream OPCOs and SPC companies to enhance production and facilities processes and activities; to achieve Operation excellence through various development optimizations and sharing experience/lesson learnt; and improve current practices.
- Performs other related functions and conducts special assignments/studies as assigned by the management.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Function/Division/Department/Section budgets, assist in the implementation of the approved Budget, and work plans to deliver objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Function/Division/Department/Section policies, processes, systems, standards and procedures in order to support execution of the work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Function/Division/Department/ Section in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with best industry standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures, controls, applicable legislation, and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Function/Division/Department/Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent from a reputable university.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Twelve (12) years related experience in production, facilities and engineering activities including petroleum engineering and production operations.
- Extensive experience in process and mechanical systems and equipment used in oil field installation.
- Knowledge of project management systems, oil and gas industry technical standards.
- Strong leadership; excellent communication; and presentation and management skills.
- Awareness of various Surface Operation, Production and Engineering requirements and constraints
- Understanding of commercial/contractual terms, HSE requirements and various operations aspects.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates