Assistant Marine Superintendent - Non Tanker
Support SMC’s strategic goals
- Assists in monitoring updates and proposing improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency of vessels assigned to fleet team by participating in relevant seminars and implementing Group LPSQ initiatives, alerts, and incident corrective actions.
Ship marine support
- Aware of the principle aspects of commercial agreements and charter parties of assigned vessels and associated obligations of BSM. Provide marine support to the Master for the effective fulfilment of voyage and cargo handling requirements.
- Assisting with identifying potential discrepancies from operational standards and proposes solutions for effective operation of the navigational and cargo equipment of the assigned vessels.
- Supports the monitoring that all assigned vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operation in accordance with Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, safety regulations and operational standards of both BSM and vessels owners.
- Assists monitoring the overall safety, nautical and commercial operation of the assigned vessels, ensures the timely and accurate completion of voyage planning and cargo loading, carriage and discharging activities, in order to support the commercial effectiveness of vessels and increase customer’s satisfaction and commitment. Identifies elevated risk conditions and circumstances in a timely manner and provides support and guidance to Technical Superintendents and Masters to adequately mitigate such risks.
Execution of marine inspections
- Assists in the execution of vessel’s inspections for effective operations and as prescribed by Company SMS and International regulations. Supports Master with preparation for Rightship/3rd Party inspections and risk assessments. Assists with the responses to internal and third party audits as well as Rightship & PSC Inspections. Assists reviewing of SMS safety related documentation.
- In liaison with LPSQ and FP, provide assistance and support to sea staff with alignment of marine requirements, guidance on human factors, standards and policies contributing towards safety and environmental protection, and enhancement of company’s image.
- Assists to monitor and assesses the navigation, communication, safety and other equipment needs of each vessel in cooperation with Technical Superintendent.
Effective operation of the Department
- Supports the development of analytical periodical reports and the fulfilment of client specific analytical reports on issues identified and solutions implemented on the assigned vessels, enabling the accurate and timely provision of information to clients and management of SMC, in order to increase client awareness on BSM services and enhance their satisfaction and commitment. Communicates with clients on operational issues as required.
Management of resources
- If requested, provides feedback on performance appraisals, as well as prepares appraisals of sea staff during sailing visits. Assists with the interviews and briefings, as required, for senior ship staff.