Reporting to the Chartering Manager, the Analyst/Expert will be required to perform tasks such as coordination, preparing of documents, documentation and administrative support.
We are looking for an individual with the ability to perform tasks independently and has an eye for details. If you have what it takes, look no further! Join an industry leader today and open doors to endless opportunities!
The position is overall responsible for supporting the Chartering team in:
- Liaising with the various functions within APL / CNC / global / regional teams, Marseille head office and shipowners, shipbrokers to coordinate all postfixture operations functions of the chartered ships fleet
- Coordinate with Accounting team on all financial matters (eg hire payments, offhire claims, accounts finalization) of the chartered ships fleet
- Deal with contentious matters and litigations linked to CP in collaboration with operation desk and law experts of the group.
- To obtain all pre-delivery ship’s information for liaison with CNC team, eg timecharter description, certificates, plans / manuals, questionnaires
- To work with shipowners / shipbrokers for owners bank details and coordinate with Acccounting team in vendor setup for ship’s hire payments
- Organising surveys for Onhire / Offhire when vessels are chartered-in or leave the fleet as well as for special purposes (investigative)
- To handle daily email / telephone communications between shipowners / shipbrokers, Marseille head office and CNC teams and vice versa
- To work with ship’s Captain, shipowners / shipbrokers and APL / CNC / global teams on stevedore damages caused by the Terminal stevedores
- To work with Hazmat / global teams and shipowners / shipbrokers on loading of dangerous / hazardous cargoes
- To monitor ship’s stoppages and work with CNC / Accounting teams in offhire claims submission to shipowners / shipbrokers
- To work with CNC team near to ship’s charter expiry on extension or redelivery processes.
- To work with Bunker and Accounting teams in bunker supply quantities and withholding hire payments for provision of redelivery bunkers and ship owners expenses
- Under supervision of the Commercial Ops Manager and HO Chartering Manager, handle documentation of sublets between group entities in internal IT systems
- Any relevant education certificate
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in chartering/commercial operations
- Commercially driven and be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment
- Proficient in MS Office application
- Knowledge of postfixture chartering operations is a must including understanding of CP
- Knowledge of charter/financial control/accounting is an advantage
We will only consider applicants who have received, or are willing to receive by the date of recruitment, the full regimen of a WHO EUL vaccine (examples include Pfizer-BioNTech/COMIRNATY, Moderna, Sinovac-CoronaVac, and AstraZeneca). Proof of vaccination will be required.