Chief Officer Shore Support
The Shore Support Center is a new department within Van Oord that acts as a representative for the new dredgers at the head office.
For this Shore Support Center, located in Rotterdam, we are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and flexible Chief Officer.
In the position of Chief Officer you are part of a team that mans the Shore Support Center. This team is also developing the Shore Support Center. You are the connecting factor between the ship and the staff departments.
- Support in the development of the Shore Support Center according to Van Oord's future vision;
- Support in the development of new work processes;
- Act as the ship's representative at headquarters;
- Acting as a point of contact for the (production) departments and responsible for supplying knowledge about the ship;
- Provide the staff departments with all technical and production expertise about the ship;
- Providing maintenance expertise for the staff departments;
- Keeping up with the latest developments in the field of legislation and technical systems of Van Oord;
- Ship administration support;
- Setting up and maintaining ship documentation;
- Follow up on agreements between ship and staff departments;
- Coordinates the cooperation of different staff departments where necessary;
- Works in accordance with Van Oord management systems and regulations.
- HBO work and thinking level;
- Certificate of Competency Master all ships;
- Minimum of 5 years experience on board as a Chief Officer of which considerable time on dredging equipment;
- Good communication skills and a broad understanding of Van Oord's equipment (technical, operational, dredging, nautical);
- Innovative team player who can help realize new working methods between staff departments;
- Management skills;
- You are able to work with different software for documentation, maintenance and process management;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
Working in an international, challenging and dynamic organization, with the opportunity to have a real impact on our company, people and the environment. We offer a complete benefits package with excellent secondary benefits. This package includes
- A salary that matches the responsibilities and experience;
- Foreign allowance (based on the location and situation of the project);
- A pension scheme;
- A variable bonus;
- Extensive development options;
- An attractive travel allowance, when relevant;
- Option for collective health insurance.
Rotterdam, South Holland, Netherlands