Commercial Manager (Container Shipping)
Reporting to the Managing Director, your main responsibilities are to head the department of Trade, Sales and Customer Service team for MSC Singapore Agency, ensuring Geneva HQ pricing strategies are adhered to and well executed, managing sales team to canvass new customers and cargo while developing new business strategy to increase new revenue stream and aligning sales budget target and strategizing fulfillment of target. You are also required to oversee customer service management ensuring high level of customer satisfaction. Your key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with MSC GVA Pricing team to ensure optimal load factors with capacity allocated and pricing strategies are carried out;
- Route market feedbacks to MSC GVA and MSC ARO, including weekly market rates, GRI, local charges benchmarking, competitors’ profile and propose require strategies / actions;
- Lead and guide the team in weekly conference calls of respective trades;
- Review booking prospects and ratio of high / low paying revenue bookings for all trades daily;
- Review cargo selection to ensure healthy balance of high / low paying cargo for respective trades daily;
- Review prospects / bookings and inventory weekly;
- Ensure cargo bookings are closely monitored daily for all trades to ensure allocation are met;
- Prepare and submit timely reports, including monthly lifting, export and import reports, and market share and market reports;
- Maintain accurate rates filing internally and externally with authorities, and manage filing error within KPI target.
- Manage a team of Export, Import and Cross Trade Sales Managers to meet MSC’s objective in filling the ships and generate optimal revenue;
- Achieve close level of support with client through daily contact, regular visit and entertainment (where required) to secure business and/or maintain business continuity / revive dormant accounts;
- Attend to customer’s complaints and co-ordinate with internal departments (Documentation, Operation, Finance and Cargo Flow Management) to resolve any issues and uphold our service commitment to customers;
- Review and make appropriate recommendations on Credit Facilities;
- Provide timely weekly sales reports and market reports to MD.
- Review outstanding overdues by clients monthly with MD and Finance Receivable team, and provide directions to respective Trade and Sales Managers to support and expedite recoveries from overdue clients;
- Manage Customer Service team in handling Local (Export) customer’s enquiries on vessel schedules, rates, shipment status, request for Change of Destination (COD), and/or any matters concerning their bookings;
- Ensure the track and trace system is utilized to provide shipping status to customers;
- Oversee team to ensure proper entry of shipping details into Portnet system;
- Oversee team to ensure any new client information or change in address or existing customer is updated correctly in internal TMS system;
- Identify improvement areas and identify and maintain good control, governance and best practices to enhance work integrity, quality and efficiency;
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop team members on their daily work performance to ensure Department objectives are met;
- Assist and attend to Regional General Manager and Lifting Budget meetings;
- Support the Managing Director in ad-hoc projects as and when required.
You should possess a minimum Diploma qualified in any discipline, though Maritime related is preferred with at least 10 years of direct relevant experience in a commercial role from a shipping line container industry and a minimum 5 years of experience in a managerial position leading others. You should have good written and verbal communication, people management and interpersonal skills. Besides being self-driven, able to multitask and prioritize, you could deal with and manage multiple stakeholders at management level while working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. Lastly, you should be proficient in MS Office Applications, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
If you are up for the challenge, you could be our new colleague!
Kindly indicate your current availability period, current salary & expected salary when you submit your CV and application.