Main objective of this position:
- Direct and oversee QSC Operations department including Port Terminal, TD, ED, Ops Steering, Transshipment, M&R and other functionalities pertinent to smooth running of Operations. To oversee cost management, vendor management and protecting HL interests and service quality are some of the other key goals/targets. Record and report on a regular basis the Operations activities of the QSC including meeting the departmental KPI’s.
Main Functions and Responsibilities:
- To manage, steer and support the Operations Department’s performance and to ensure all activities are completed within company guidelines.
- Port/Terminal Operations - Oversee QSC Port Operations functions. Monitoring port operations on a daily basis ensures the work is flowing in accordance with defined processes and analyzing operations identifies opportunities for cost reductions and cost control.
- Transport Dispatch/Transshipment – ensure timely and cost efficient transport of containers by rail, truck and feeder vessel to/from locations within an Area of Operation.
- Equipment Dispatch – ensure customers obtain equipment, which meets their shipping needs in a timely manner.
- Maintenance & Repair - ensure sufficient equipment availability of all types to cover budgeted and forecasted bookings, while maintaining the most economical cost.
- Operations Steering Support - ensure Operations department maintains systems, writing procedures and running statistics as needed.
- Leadership and Management - Coach and develop individual department managers and staff. Have regular performance reviews in line with company’s policy and QSC Management requirement.
- Resolution of high level concerns.
- Others - Build, maintain and develop partnerships with individuals and groups within the organization.
- Continually strive to create operational efficiencies within the Operations processes.
- Responsible for setting targets and goals for individual department in Operations.
- Maintain working knowledge of services as well as all governmental rules and regulations.
- Create an environment and maintain an open communication channel within Department, QSC, Area and Region.
- Ensure QEM principles are followed and promoted within department
- Work closely with other QSC/Area Directors on process improvement and communication