You will be responsible to:
- Work closely with upper management and project team members to establish project needs, deadlines and budgets.
- Responsible for the life cycle of the project and is accountable for meeting the project cost and schedule agreed.
- Deliver Docking/Repair projects in accordance with company procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring BOURBON maintenance policy in the management of vessel Planned Maintenance Periods (PMP).
- In charge of PMP/Docking budget preparation in accordance with scope of work.
- Controlling & monitoring the CAPEX technical cost vs budget during PMP.
- In charge of the Management of team assigned to support PMP.
- Visit vessels, which are planned for PMP under Vessel technical inspection (VTI) for class renewal if workload permits.
- Responsible of PMP project management in accordance with BOURBON rules/requirements.
- Prepare and follow-up of projects using VesselMan (VM) software application.
- Consolidate offers from shipyards together with category manager.
- Responsible for Communication with Shipyards for the review of offers and repair contract negotiations.
- In charge of daily cost review with cost controller and to respect budgeted amount for PMP.
- Report on weekly basis of PMP preparation.
- Prepare project reports, forecasts, variance explanations and other financial or technical reports as required by Management.
- Prepare project in VM software application with full details of jobs, description of jobs and cost control.
- Prepare CAPEX with cost controller upon request.
- Perform any other cognate duties as may be assigned by the Management.
The Docking Project Manager is linked hierarchically to the Technical Director.
- Hold a BSC degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or alternate equivalent qualification.
- Management of dry docking experience would be an advantage.
- Relevant experience as Chief Engineer, or equivalent position in Maritime or Oil and Gas company.
- Thorough knowledge on the various class, flag and other regulatory /statutory requirements.
- Proactive, dynamic and versatile; and you have good listening and communication skills.
- Sound organization skills and rigorous and ability to interact, produce and report with a professional approach at all times.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time, prioritize matters and meet deadlines.
- Willing to work autonomously and be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have an excellent knowledge of MS Office/ Excel skills.
- A good command of English is mandatory.
Minimum level of education required
3 - Bachelor's degree (3 years)
If you are interested in this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and letter of motivation on Jobs.Onshore@bourbon-offshore-greenmar.com by latest the 20th August 2021.
Africa, Mauritius Island, Bambous