Engine Room Operator
Engine Room Operator Jobs In Mexico,America
Responsible for operating, monitoring and maintaining the main power plant onboard.
Responsible For /ensure
- Compliance with the Seadrill Code of Conduct.
- Compliance with applicable internal and external governing requirements.
- That any operations do not exceed the limitations of the unit or its equipment.
- Daily detailed planning is conducted for all upcoming operations.
- Good and clear communications with all involved parties.
- Compliance with Seadrill training, certification and competence requirements.
- That all emergency equipment is in good condition and configured as required.
- Non-compliances are promptly acted on and reported to the direct supervisor.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required are performed.
- Compliance with the standard for tidiness and cleanness.
- Assume the safety role as per station bill and emergency preparedness plan.
- Participate In
- Meeting activities in a proactive and constructive manner.
- Training and competence assessments as assigned and/or required.
- JOB SPECIFIC
Responsible For /ensure
- Safe and efficient execution of operation, maintenance and repair activities.
- Continuous monitoring of power consumption and distribution.
- All drills and checks are conducted as required.
- All applicable reports and logs as required by direct supervisor are maintained.
- Engine room is maintained tidy and in good working order.
- Thorough handovers are provided at each daily change of shift.
- Other duties are performed as required and/or directed by his/her direct supervisor.
- EQUIPMENT & SYSTEMS
- Operational preparedness of all safety and emergency equipment.
- All relevant equipment is maintained and maintenance is recorded.
- Maintaining sufficient stock of spare parts and materials required.
- Other Responsibilities
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving and plan activities to prevent problems from occurring with the power plant, propulsion plant and auxiliary equipment on the vessel. This will include the sewage treatment plant, HVAC, potable water, pneumatic systems, etc
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance and special projects involving the power plant and propulsion system on board the drilling vessel to prevent down time and to ensure the efficient and continual functioning of the vessel
- Instruct, train, direct and supervise Motor Man
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water and drill water
- Perform daily inspections and planned maintenance
- Maintain main engine log recording daily consumption
- Conduct performance appraisals for subordinates. Recommend promotion, development or disciplinary action
- Other Requirements
Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
Seadrill is an equal opportunity employer