Fleet Junior Chief Engineer
As a Junior Chief Engineer onboard, you are responsible to the Chief Engineer in all respects and are directly accountable to the Master & Chief Engineer for the execution of your duties. Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. your responsibilites include but are not limited to:
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Master in accordance with the vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ship’s operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risks to ship, personnel and environment and establish any appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Master/Senior Chief Engineer any incident/accident relating to injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Putting measures in place to lower the risk of incident/accident relating to injury or potential hazards on board.
- Being familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Helping to train junior engineers to ensure we have strong teams and having the ability to step up when needed.
At Stena Line, your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do.
In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
The must haves:
- Chief Engineer III/2 Unlimited Ticket
- STCW Certification