Fleet Personnel Officer
Implement and monitor all recruiting activities and processes for the assigned vessels according to the manning plan, in order to timely and accurately meet the vessels’ requirements. Liaise with the crew, to identify potential training needs and support their well-being on-board.
Execution of the Manning Plan
- Create and review the contractual crewmembers’ agreements and the vessels’ manning plan for recruitment purposes based on the company’s procedures, agreed terms and local / flag legislation.
- Propose and implement the rotation planning and End of Contract procedures of the vessels’ personnel.
- Identify future and current vacancies in vessels’ personnel to support the accurate and fast coverage of needs.
- Support the Fleet Personnel Manager to develop the annual manning plan and budget.
- Prepare and implement Crew planning activities (timeliness reliefs/rotations, accuracy of documentation, budget compliance, response to customer requests).
Vessel Personnel Management
- Coordinate with the Fleet Personnel Manager for the implementation of changes in ports’ procedures and the smooth (dis)embarkation of crewmembers.
- Monitor and update flag state documentation to safeguard the legitimate vessels’ operations and crewmembers’ employment.
Increase of Crewmembers’ Skills
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of crewmembers.
- Identify training needs, develop and propose training plans to improve technical skillset and competencies.
Management of Resources
- Develop effective travel segmentation of crewmembers.
- Review crew travelling costs of the assigned vessels, and contribute in relative market research, to identify the best value-for-money services.