Fleet Personnel Officer
Execution of the manning plan
- Reviews the contractual agreements and the vessels’ manning plan, performing and monitoring all selection steps,i.e. identification, evaluation and selection of crew, for the effective recruitment of the most suitable and qualified candidates, according to ship flag legislation, technical requirements and available budget.
- Reviews and approves the employment contracts of all assigned vessels’ seafarers issued by the CSCs, to ensure they are according to company’s procedures and agreed terms and local/flag legislation.
- Proposes and implements the relief/rotation planning and EoC procedures of the ships’ personnel, focusing on the provision of alternatives for the continuous and effective operation of the vessels.
- Timely identifies future and current vacancies in vessels’ personnel and informs accordingly his/her supervisor, the CSCs, in order to support the accurate and fast coverage of needs. Supports the FP Manager to develop the annual manning plan and budget.
- Prepares and implements Crew planning (timeliness reliefs, accuracy of documentation, budget compliance, response to customer requests).
Vessel Personnel Management
- Coordinates with the FP Manager and CSCs regarding the prompt and accurate implementation of changes in ports’ procedures, such as visas, permissions, etc., concerning the smooth embarkation and disembarkation of crew members if management intervention required.
- Implements the relief/rotation planning and lay-off procedures according to the contractual agreements and vessels’ needs for each seafarer, focusing on the provision of alternatives for the continuous and effective operation of the vessels. Liaises with vessels, CSCs/manning agencies, port agents travel agents in order to ensure that crew embarkations/ disembarkations on vessels are carried out in the most efficient and cost effective way.
- Communicates with flag state authorities in order to gather information related to the specific regulations each flag state may require. Maintains and regularly updates all required documentation, so as to safeguard the legitimate operation of vessels and employment of seafarers
- Informs the personnel in the assigned vessels of potential changes in the operational procedures, and makes available all the respective documentation to all crew members.
- Implements the relief/rotation planning and lay-off procedures according to the contractual agreements and vessels’ needs, for each seafarer focusing on achieving necessary re-joining rate and the provision of alternatives for the continuous and effective operation of the vessels.
Increase of seafarers skills
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of the assigned vessels’ seafarers and identifies their training needs,develops and proposes the training plan and cooperates with the company’s training centres so as to provide the required training for the improvement of technical skills and competencies of officers and ratings. Follows-up the successful completion of all training courses, in order to enhance the efficiency of the crewmembers for the safe and effective operation of all vessels.
Effective operation of the Department
- Support the development, submission and implementation of the department’s budget, reviews its accurate execution, identifies cost saving opportunities and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, in order to ensure compliance with set targets.
- Support, monitors, follow up, implementation of software, safety management system, employment laws and regulations as assigned and informs FP Manager as needed.
- Co-ordinate with CSC / GSC and make sure all manning activities outsourced to CSC / GSC are timely and accurately performed.
Management of resources
- Develops effective batching of seafarers allocation to assigned vessels, in order to generate cost effective travelling to all vessel, as well as timely coverage of operational needs. Reviews crew travelling costs to the assigned vessels, and contributes in relative market research, in order to identify the best value-for-money services.
- Monitors the accurate execution of crew budget, identifies cost saving opportunities and proposes corrective actions in case of deviations, in order to ensure compliance with set targets.