Fleet Project Superintendent
Job Position Summary
- Comply with IMS and all relevant international rules and regulations.
- Ensure all your duties in accordance with quality, health, safety, environmental and ethics policies.
- Propose a continuous performance improvement plan which will be reported and reviewed on a periodical basis.
- Coordinate with Line management to meet operational requirements.
- Monitor third party ship manager vessels’ performance and highlight non-conformities to Fleet manager.
- Promote safety involvement and participation to investigations and lessons learnt throughout third party ship managers
- Be the fleet manager’s substitute for relevant meetings
- Assist in any emergency response as required.
1. Third party ship manager vessel maintenance follow up:
- Monitor vessels compliance to CMA requirement
- Monitor vessels performance in regards to CMA CGM expectations
- Minimize interference with vessel commercial availability.
- Ensure that ships are inspected at regular intervals to ensure a close follow-up of shipboard activities
- Monitor technical weekly report updated by the third party ship manager.
- Follow up the damage claims including stevedore’s damages in cooperation with Legal Dept.
- Implement actions related to relevant experience feedbacks on managed vessels.
- Monitor the vessels dry docking, deficiencies, class and flag surveys and ensure that these are completed within the required time.
- Validate root cause analysis and preventive measures for identified events.
2. Third party ship manager Budget management
- Review vessel’s budget.
- Approve orders, invoices up to limit of authorization.
- Monitor operating costs of the vessels to ensure expenses are kept within budget and optimized.
- Follow up funds request and grant management validation
3. Preparation of vessel dry dock
- Review third party ship manager dry-docking specifications in accordance of CMA policy
- Coordinate the preparation and participate to the review and approval of the dry-docking specifications and any other major repair works prior to tendering.
- Evaluate tender documents.
- Assist Fleet Upgrade to prepare documents relating to the docking (DAI, EDD);
- Support the dry dock manager during the dry-dock.
- Assist the dry dock third party ship manager during dry dock.
4. Crew related duties
- Ensure legal is well informed of crew incident which may occure.
- Liaise with third party ship manager Crew Management Dept for the review of manning level
5. Deputy fleet manager
If designated as Deputy Fleet Manager you shall, in addition for all your fleet’s vessels :
- Be the Fleet manager’s substitute for relevant meetings and assignments;
- Keep the Fleet Manager advised of problems which arise on their ships;
- Ensure communication of information and feed backs to other fleets and departments;
- Ensure that weekly report is updated by the SIs
- Take the lead on assigned cross-fleet projects
Minimum qualifications (STCW for seafarers)
- Competent with various softwares, such as word, excel, powerpoint,etc.;
- Adequate knowledge of the vessel and vessel systems.
- Superintendent preferred;
- Deep sea CE with slow speed propulsion preferred.
- Analytical skills;
- Rigor and method;
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible to change priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Management skills;
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, France