Responsible for daily ship management of vessels under responsibility.
• Ensure timely and sufficient support to vessels on all operational and technical matters at all times.
• Visit vessels and prepare inspection reports on vessels under responsibility.
• Ensure safety is top priority in all vessel operations.
• Prepare financial budgets for maintenance, repairs, stores, modifications and dry-dockings for vessels under responsibility.
• Responsible for cost control on ship management budget and explaining to Management any significant deviations from budgets for vessels under responsibility.
• Plan and coordinate inspection and execution of dry-docking for the vessels under Fleet operations responsibility and as assigned.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant international and local regulations and that all vessel certification and surveys for class, flag and
international requirements are
• Follow-up on the performance of the vessels under responsibility and for arranging corrective actions to be carried out when necessary.
• Conduct performance appraisals for Masters and Chief Engineers serving on board vessels under responsibility.
• Close liaison with the Liner Operations as required on all aspects of the management of assigned vessels.
• In these tasks, the objectives of the Superintendent are to deliver the most effective and efficient ship management service in full
alignment with objectives and work
culture of the organisation.
You have a Marine Engineering education and experience as Senior Marine Engineer. Prior experience as a Technical Superintendent managing Container vessels is beneficial but not essential
• You possess excellent communication skills and can work efficiently with multicultural teams ashore and onboard.
• Your work approach is diligent and organised, and you understand and accept the importance of cost effectiveness. Additionally, you have enhanced problem solving skills and interest in tackling challenges with
innovative solution and maximising the use of resources available.