In the role of junior technical superintendent, it is essential to have the ability to work in a planned and independent way. You must have an eye for detail but you should certainly never lose sight of the bigger picture. Depending on your knowledge and extensive technical expertise and enthusiasm for high-end technical solutions, you can convince colleagues and stakeholders, and extend their knowledge.
Furthermore you need to have the following to make your mark as junior technical superintendent:
- Capacity, motivation and ambition to grow in the job of superintendent.
- A higher vocational education (hbo) or (mbo) degree in mechanical engineering, or similar qualification.
- Preferably experience at a maritime related company or a position at sea but enthusiastic, eager and willing to live up Boskalis standards is a must.
- Knowledge of or interest in the dredging process and dredging equipment.
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad (within Europe, Middle East, Far East) when you work on a location for e.g. 9 days you will earn 6 days leave.
- Familiarity with IT systems.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
Papendrecht, South Holland, Netherlands