Lead/A Operator- Offshore
Technical Management / Operations
- Accountable for vessel inspection and ensure the ships condition and maintenance standards adhere to organisation procedures
- Ensure all maintenance is performed to a high standard and as per manufacturer’s recommendations
- Prepare specifications and evaluate tenders
- Supervise daily operational / technical activities of all assigned vessels
- Advise Line Manager on a regular basis about vessel operation, budgetary performance and any untoward incidents on vessels in the fleet
- Liaise with the Procurement Department related to supply of spare parts of all vessels, considering the opportunities for replenishment in respect to the trading commitments of the vessels to provide for the most economical supply
- Responsible for communication, promotion and implementation of company's health, safety, environment and quality policy on board the vessels related to technical department
- Drives all technical related mobilization activities, refits, dry-docking & major repairs. Plan for repairs and dry-docking of the vessels at suitable regular intervals
Regulatory/Legislative Statutory Compliance
- 100% compliance with International Maritime Organisation (IMO), Flag State and Port State rules and regulations
- Maintenance of ship certificate and survey status at all times keeping track of renewals and placement on board vessels.
- Maintain, monitor and report budgets for all vessels under charge. Work closely with Technical staff, purchasing and finance controllers to ensure budget is within the agreed variables/targets.
- Support reporting manager to plan “Operating Budget” for all vessels under charge.
- Responsible for planning and execution of all dry-docking activities within the allotted budget limits
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Scan the environment and recommend improvement in processes to enhance productivity an efficiency in the system
- Drive implementation of approved ‘Continuous Improvement’ projects in collaboration with the Quality team
- Establish clear expected levels of performance from crew and work with manager on updating the SOP’s.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of the Safety & QMS policies & procedures and ensures that the on-shore and off-shore employees operate at the same level of understanding and awareness
Health, Safety and Environment Compliance
- Responsible for creating and sustaining a positive safety culture on-board all vessels under charge
- Act as a first point of contact for any emergencies aboard vessels under charge. Ensure a technically qualified representative is available and responds to emergencies within the agreed time limit
- Ensures a safe & compliant working environment is provided to all off-shore employees by demonstrating a complete and accurate understanding of the health & safety policies and practices of the organisation
- Responsible for corrective action being implemented to remedy safety hazards or risks and restore a safe working environment on board vessels. Escalate to Manager in the event of the hazards/risks exceeding authority limits provided in the role
- Owns and responsible for delivery of safety messages/training to off-shore employees during site or vessel visits
People and Leadership Management
- Articulates clear and specific goals for employees on board vessels under charge
- Lead, coach, engage, motivate, mentor employees to develop their strengths and build their capabilities as per their defined roles and personal goals
- Ensure development plans are in place for all offshore team members and it is followed up closely to ensure completion
- Responsible for continuous performance discussions with direct reports to drive learning and self-improvement
- Manage and maintain the talent pool by engaging top performers and taking definitive action on bottom performers