Marine Assurance Officer
About the job
Seaman Jobsite Seeks Marine Assurance Officer In Netherlands
As a Marine Assurance Officer you are an operational independent adviser, auditor and coach for the Company and vessels on matters related to marine assurance. You provide day-to-day QHSSE advice and active assistance withing the Business Unit, department, vessel and or project. In this role you ensure that all onshore and offshore activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety involved to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- You are responsible that all work is undertaken to the highest quality and professionalism in accordance with the Company’s Management System and project specific documentation;
- You identify training needs, bring them to the attention of the Company and take full advantage of the training opportunities provided;
- You conduct internal and external assurance and navigational audits, third party marine inspections and incident investigations on sea-going vessels, and monitoring corrective actions where required;
- You develop and implement procedures, standards and guidelines that ensure vessel operations are in compliance with Fugro safety standards and regulations at all times, and in line with our clients’ and local international legal maritime requirements;
- You advise the Company, on and offshore, on maritime regulations and the interpretation thereof to ensure Flag State compliance and other maritime regulations and standards;
- You take care of regular and timely reporting, administrating, updating and controlling all responsibilities through our management system.
- You have an academic/higher professional education and/or working level and previous experience as a 2nd officer or higher rank preferably in the offshore industry with Dynamic Positioning experience;
- You have an Internal Auditor Qualification, NEBOSH international diploma or equivalent is preferred;
- You have 3 years onshore experience in a similar role;
- You have sound knowledge of International Maritime legislation (ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO etc.), as well as versed in HSSE regulations;
- You have a good command of the English language, both verbal and in writing;
- You focus on continuous improvement and are HSSE performance driven.
What Fugro Offers
- A competitive salary;
- 29 holidays per year based on a fulltime employment (of which 4 are appointed by Fugro management) and the possibility to purchase 12 additional days;
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies;
- Commuting allowance;
- Modern pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance;
- Possibility to register with our corporate fitness plan;
- Coaching options through our EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Seaman Jobsite In Netherlands
Nootdorp, South Holland, Netherlands