Reporting to Marine Managers:
• Assist in coordinating, arranging and timely follow up Oil Major Vetting Inspections as directed.
• Prepare Oil Major Vetting Inspections status reports for principals on a weekly basis or as directed.
• Updating of Thome Oil Major Vetting Inspections Database as directed.
• Ensure all OCIMF, Q88 and other vessel information questionnaires, as required by principals, are maintained up to date at all times, including all certification and vetting status updates, as directed.
• Attend vessels to conduct Marine Inspections and pre-vetting inspections or vetting assistance as directed. Ensure follow up of all deficiencies noted during vessel attendance is recorded and filed in the common drive.
• Conduct annual on board navigation audits, preferably during a short voyage. Input navigation audit results into the navigation audits database and follow up on all deficiencies and defects to closure.
• Assist in the investigation and root cause analysis of accidents.
• A member of TSM emergency response team.
• Liaise with principals regarding safe vessel operations.
• Assist in arranging external safety audits and on board training by co-coordinating with the appointed audit or training company.
• Maintenance of the office library.
Support to Marine, Vetting and HSSEQ Manager
• Issues related to Environmental compliance.
• Cargo post fixture issues where required.
• Dealing with off-spec and PNI issues concerning cargoes.
• Cargo operation and tank preparation issues.
• Use of PPE during cargo and tank preparation operation.
Support to Marine, Vetting and HSSEQ Manager/ Quality Assurance
• Assist in the implementation of Thome Ship Management’s Health, Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental Policies including sailing on board for short voyages for on board implementation of the TMS for new vessels.
• Assist in periodical management review of TMS, record findings from the reviews and propose actions if necessary.
• Assist in maintenance and updating of the TMS.
• A member of the internal Marine & audit team.
• Assist in establishing annual ISM & ISPS audit plans, arrange and co-ordinate internal audits, take part in audits and follow-up correction actions.
• Assist, arrange and co-ordinate external ISM & ISPS audits.
• Assist in the investigation and root cause analysis of accidents, marine casualties and near misses.
• Review Corrective Actions, Preventive Actions and Recommendations from investigation and analysis of accidents, marine casualties and near misses.
• Assist, arrange and coordinate table top exercises and emergency drills.
• Assist in preparation, implementation and maintenance of office and vessel’s contingency plans.
• Liaise with the vessels in safety, navigation, operations, health, quality, security and environmental matters, including monthly response to vessels relating to Vessel Monthly Safety Reports and Near Miss Reports.
• Follow up to closure of all Port State Control observations.
• Assist in reviewing all safety-related reports from the vessels and other similar reports from other sources.
• Monthly Safety meeting review and Verification of TSM 094.
• Risk Assessment, monitoring & evaluation.
• Training plans for STS, VOC, VGP, ODS, SEEMP etc.
• Off-hire records.
Education and qualification
• Class 1 Certificate of Competency
• Class 2 Certificate of Competency and University Qualification
1. Marine & HSSEQ Superintendent o Previous experience as Master for a minimum of 8 months on relevant type of ships.
2. A proven track record as Superintendent for a minimum of 1 year in a shore based Shipping Company will have an advantage.
3. Candidate who are deemed technically competent and without shore experience will be considered.
4. Senior Marine & HSSEQ Superintendent o Previous experience as Master for a minimum of 8 months on relevant type of ships.
5.A proven track record as Superintendent for a minimum of 2 years in a reputed shore based Shipping Company is preferred.
6.Candidate who are deemed technically competent will be considered.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India