The Marine Inspector will be based in Dayton, NJ with a requirement for frequent travel. S/he will be responsible for operationally managing and performing onboard (or onshore) field sampling projects for the Marine Services group at SGS North America. The sampler will also handle local water discharge sampling events for ships in support of various environmental programs. This position will report into the Sample Management Supervisor.
The Marine Inspector:
- Attends vessels to collect samples for laboratory analysis and performs field measurements.
- Consistently uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and adheres to all internal and external safety requirements, guidelines, and best practices.
- Completes sample bottle drop-offs and sample pickups for Marine customers.
- Consistently exhibits excellent and detailed recordkeeping.
- Consults with vessel crews on proper sample collection, operation of treatment systems, troubleshooting treatment system issues, and regulatory requirements.
- Train junior staff as needed.
- Acts as the “Face of SGS” to vessel customers to foster meaningful relationships based on cordiality to further the SGS brand.
- Assembles bottle orders.
- Communicates with Project Management staff, Business Development team, and Operations Director on all field projects to aid in the success of these projects.
- Maintains working knowledge of USEPA and IMO (MARPOL) regulations regarding sampling, testing, and reporting requirements.
- Responsible for upkeep, calibration, repair, and updates of field equipment.
- Maintains proper training and training documentation and adheres to Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for all Marine Field Samplers regarding sampling and testing.
- Aids in the creation and maintenance of operational SOPs for field sample and testing.
- Collaborates with Business Development Manager and Operations Director of Marine Services to support and promote group objectives.
- Collaborates closely with all internal and external sub-contract laboratories that provide support data for field projects to ensure that project requirements (such as holding time) are met.
- Facilitates operational excellence by communicating customer needs to internal counterparts to ensure timely and accurate solutions to increase customer satisfaction.
- Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management and maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE representatives or relevant client / site contact.
- Follows all SGS rules, regulations, and best practices for safety, such as SGS Rules for Life.
- Actively participates in regular safety training.
- Follows all safe driving rules, best practices, and laws.