About the job
Marine Manager Job In UAE
The Kanoo Group is looking for an experienced Marine Manager for our Kanoo Shipping division, to be based in Fujairah, UAE.
The candidate will be responsible for effectively and efficiently managing Kanoo Marine (fleet - UAE/abroad), to achieve the organization’s business plan, and contribute to the achievement of Kanoo Marine and Kanoo Shipping as a whole.
The ideal candidate for the role will contribute to the business growth, development and continual improvement of the division, by efficiently managing day-to-day administrative, technical and operational procedures.
- Ensure that all boats are compliant to local and international standards and regulations and are capable of handling current and future market requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Analyze contractual commitments, customer’s specifications and data to plan and develop a long-term Strategic Business Plan (SBP) and Immediate Business Plan.
- Prepare annual budget (income, expense, profit, etc.) and submission of monthly reports.
- Represent the organization in order to develop or enhance partnerships and business relationships with government agencies, and both potential and current customers.
- You will be responsible for preparing chartering contracts.
- Ensuring that all boats are always maintained in operational readiness with the ultimate goal of reducing down time and the overall technical work is completed.
- Obtaining optimum quality spare parts and ensuring that other boat requirements (e.g. required documentation, crew, fuel, etc.) are made available to the boats in a cost-effective manner within the shortest procurement time possible.
- Responsible for all Kanoo Marine documentation requirements related to operations, administration, HR and other Government Agencies.
- Ensure administrative procedures are carried out in order to implement Kanoo Shipping’s compliance to company’s policies / directives / operational procedures (e.g. crew leave, 3 Quotation Rule, passport handling, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring that all boat crew hired to operate Kanoo Marine boats are highly qualified and well trained to carry out respective responsibilities.
- Maintain the welfare of all boat crew, ensuring required documentation, appropriate equipment, other relevant / official crew requirements are arranged and provided on a timely manner (e.g. drug and alcohol tests, medical attention, Gate Pass, PPE, Salary, accommodation, etc.)
- Ensure an up to date status of Kanoo Marine boat’s compliance to all government / international maritime regulations (e.g. Class Certificate, Safe Manning Certificate, etc.).
- Responsible for the effective implementation / compliance of Management Requirements as per Kanoo Shipping Operational / Quality / HSSE Procedures and Policies in Kanoo Marine operations.
- Investigates customer complaints, procedure / safety related issues and ensuring effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Carry out supplier evaluation/approval and the accurate approval of all payments made to external parties
- Responsible for the overall performance improvement of Kanoo Marine staff and crew.
- Ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of experience in management of supply boats and marine operations.
- Hold a Degree/ Diploma in Engineering - Mechanical/ Marine.
- Prior experience in the UAE would be preferable.
- Must hold a valid UAE Driver's License.
- Expert technical knowledge in marine crafts operation and maintenance.
- Crew welfare and general management/ administration experience is mandatory as well.
- Understanding of Quality & HSSE Management Systems.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- We are looking for a leader for this role, you must be proactive and analytical.
- Able to manage stress, be responsible and persistent.
- Ideally must have managed a sizeable crew.
See more jobs in UAE,
Al Fujayrah, United Arab Emirates