The Marine Master is part of the operations team that supports FPSO Turritella – Stones Walker Ridge asset. The role reports to Offshore Installation Manager (OIM) when FPSO is connected; Operations Manager (OM) when disconnected and will work closely with Marine Operations & Terminal Superintendent (MOTS).
As the Marine Master, you will be accountable of the following:
- Offload tanker mooring operations.
- All aspects of cargo offload operations.
- Managing and administering the Marine department as an integral entity within the teamwork of FPSO operations linked with Process and Maintenance and forming a close cooperation and working relationship.
- Complying with Flag State, USCG, and Class regulatory requirements. Advise and assist OIM on maintenance of marine certification
- Implementing and maintaining the Ship Security Plan (SSP).
- Assuming the role and responsibilities of Master of the vessel when the Turritella is disconnected.
- Supervising staff to deliver Operational Excellence, comply with the Local Management System (LMS), and create involved commitment by Cargo and Marine Operations Department.
- Ensuring proper reporting and notification to the company, flag state, and coastal state when disconnected.
- Ensuring the safety of the ship and all persons on board, including safe navigation and technical operation of the ship, and exercising paramount authority over all persons on board when the Turritella is disconnected.
- Ensuring the stability of the ship.
- Ensuring voyage planning, preparation, and safe execution.
The Role Will Also Be Responsible For
- Developing, implementing and managing all planned and breakdown maintenance for your department.
- Ensuring all offloading, cargo transfer and storage, ballast, crude washing, and tank cleaning/gas freeing operations are correctly and adequately planned.
- Demonstrating leadership during berthing, mooring, and relevant marine activities.
- Managing the operation of berthing, mooring, and relevant marine activities with effective delegation and communication.
- Liaising effectively with all relevant onshore and offshore departments.
- Overseeing work permits and general management of these systems, ensuring compliance by all staff in the Cargo/Marine department.
- Controlling and ordering stores, spares, and consumable items for the department.
- Preparing to start, start up, monitor, maintain, and shut down Marine Operations.
- Supplying boat and helicopter operations associated with the FPSO terminal.
- Controlling discipline and staff organization within the Marine department.
- Managing inter-department agreements and cooperation.
- Making timely and effective contributions to reporting and investigation of all incidents where required.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing the Marine team by supporting individuals in achieving goals and development plans and being accessible and a good listener.
- Supporting HSE Case management by implementing and assuring HSE safety critical tasks as defined in the HSE Case.
- Closing out relevant survey and audit action items.
- Complying with the laws of navigation and the entire body of statutes that regulate ships and seagoing matters when the Turritella is disconnected.
- Ensuring that controlled process discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits.
- Ensuring that unplanned discharges are identified, halted where possible, and reported according to policy, procedure, and regulation.
- Maintaining the seaworthiness of the vessel and protecting the interests of the company when the Turritella is disconnected.
- Assessing the performance of each individual in the department and providing performance feedback to employer as requested.
- Maintaining every operation and activity in log and record books that state the compliance of the system.
- Ensuring that equipment, waste, and other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure.
- Ensuring that training and exercises are conducted in accordance with requirements.
- Managing emergency response with due regard for safety of personnel, FPSO, and the environment.
- Demonstrating knowledge and awareness of potential emergency scenarios.
- Contributing to the effective de-brief and analysis of exercises.
- Handling deliveries as HSSE barrier holder according to the STONES HSE case.
- Liaison with Flag State as and when required