Marine Operations Technician
Marine Operations Technician Job In Singapore
Wood is currently recruiting for a Marine Operations Technician, for a new build offshore FPSO project located in the East Mediterranean.
Wood supporting the development of an offshore field to support bringing gas to the market by 2022. The development of the fields shall be undertaken using a new-build, spread-moored gas FPSO unit to process gas and associated liquids from subsea wells. Dry pipeline spec gas will be produced and piped through a gas export line to an onshore facility while the recoverable liquids will be tandem offloaded into tankers from the FPSO. The final subsea infrastructure will include three development wells.
The project will support with the preparation, start up and subsequent operation and maintenance of the deepwater gas development.
The position will initially be based in Singapore with ad hoc travel or rotational to East Mediterranean until 2022.
The Marine Operations Technician will carry out operations and maintenance work activities safely in accordance with stated requirements and control of work system and provide accurate reporting and recording of work activity history and findings
- Reporting to on shift Maintenance Team Lead
- To ensure all maintenance activities undertaken on the facility are, and remain aligned to company / client business goals, in terms of Safety, Environmental Discharges, Equipment performance and maintenance cost
- Actively participating in embedding the Client’s values and culture, identifying and reporting any areas that are deficient so that improvements can be made
- Demonstration and acceptance of walk down, pre-check of system for handover
- Load Crude oil as per loading plan, manage offtake tankers approach, connection, offload, and disconnection safely, maintain the installations stability at all times within acceptable limits, manage COST and Ballast tank cleaning, gas freeing entry and remedial activities, act as marine responsible person and Manage Collision MAH. monitoring and adjusting ballast
- Monitor mooring system
- Monitor weather forecasts and heavy weather preparation for asset
- Provide input to the performance management of direct reports
- Effective delegation to ensure the continuity of work scope execution at times of absence from office
- Manage and supervise direct reports
- Contribute to the recruitment and selection process as required by function and line