The ideal candidate will:
• Be a self-starter
• Operate with a sense of urgency in everything that they do
• Have strong stakeholder management and communication skills
• Work well in a high pressure and fast paced environment
• Have good analytical skills
• Have a continuous improvement mind-set
• Be proficient in English (written and verbal)
• Have recognised experience in liner shipping and / or terminal operations would be an advantage.
• Have necessary systems knowledge (GSIS OPS, COMS2, Cockpit, MSPS) will be an advantage.
Marine Operations is a 24-hour business, so the successful candidate will be required to put in long hours where needed.
In addition, the successful candidate may be required to work on a shift basis, therefore should be comfortable working all hours of the day (different shifts), on weekends, public holidays, and over celebratory periods, etc.
Cape Town, South Africa