Marine Safety Officer
About the job
MISSION: Comply with IMS and all relevant international rules and regulations, implementation of the Integrated Management System and the Ship Security Plan, good communication between ashore departments and the vessels ensure that his assigned vessels are properly manned, maintained, equipped and in a seaworthy condition.
SCOPE OF RESPONSABILITIES:
- Assist the DPA-CSO in his QHSSE responsibilities with his assigned fleet.
- Management and follow-up of ISM, ISPS, MLC, ISO, and flag audits.
- Perform trainings of shore department and ship staff
- Accidents Investigation
- Monitoring of corrective and preventive actions
- Participate in the rules/regulation monitoring.
- Be the contact point of the flag administrations and support Fleet department with the classification societies (RO)
- Assist the DPA/CSO Coordinator in the implementation, control, follow-up of the Group procedures within the companies of the Group
- Responsible for the internal audits of his vessels. Assist in any other internal audit, at the request of the DPA.
- Replace his colleague while not in the office at the request of the DPA-CSO.
- QSSE audit or inquiry onboard assigned and designated vessel
- Deputy DPA/CSO (Refer to IMS procedure card JD-004) Company
- Supervise the implementation/application of ISM (SMC), MLC, ISPS (ISSC), OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 certifications of the vessels owned by the Company.
- Supervise the implementation of the Integrated Management System and the Ship Security Plan on board new vessels and check the good application of these systems.
- Supervise the planning, implementation and follow-up of the ISM, MLC, ISPS, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 external audits of the vessels owned by the Company.
- Supervise the planning, implementation and follow-up of the ISM, MLC, ISPS, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 internal audits of the vessels owned by the Company.
- Analyze the vessels notifications.
- Check the effective implementation of the corrective and preventive actions on board the vessels.
- Bachelor Degree completed (Nautical Science or Health & Safety)
- Maritime background
- Internal auditor training (MLC / ISM/ ISPS preferred)
- Fluent English
• Health, Safety and Environment culture.
- Additional Expertise Required:
Effective verbal, written and presentation skills;
Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment
Be available to travel
Santos, São Paulo, Brazil