Oversee and monitor the overall safety, security, nautical and commercial operation (including commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency) of the assigned ships.
Support strategic goals
- Monitor updates and propose improvements in safety, security and commercial effectiveness and voyage efficiency to assigned vessels.
Commercial support to vessels
- Provide commercial and operational support to assigned vessel for the effective fulfilment of voyage and cargo requirements.
- Handle owners or charterers operational inquiries, complaints and grievance redressal as required.
- Monitor that all vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operations. Based on Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, and operational standards of both BSM and vessels’ owners.
- Identify risk conditions and circumstances in a timely manner and provide support and guidance to Technical Superintendents and Masters to mitigate risks.
- Support Master with pre-vetting preparation, including internal SIRE inspection and risk assessment.
- Support Master during vetting and third-party audits and inspections including SIRE, CDI, FSI, PSC.
- Review of SMS safety related documentation.
- Provide guidance on standards and policies contributing towards safety regulations and environmental protection.
- Provide guidance to Technical Officers when and if required.
- Create reports and upon approval, submit them to ship owners, BSM clients and management.
Post fixture services
- Handle cargo claims in liaison with P&I / Insurance and deal with commercial disputes such as off-hire when required.
Management of resources
- Carry out interviews and briefings as required for senior ship staff.
- Prepare Crew’s performance appraisals and provide during sailing visits.
- Identify training needs and provide on board training to ship staff during ship visits.