About the job
Primary function is to survey and assess ships and other marine structures during construction and in service, for compliance with the applicable Class, statutory and other possible applicable requirements.
- Project Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related Rules, Regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility.
- Maintains active awareness of new working methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities and makes recommendations for changes in the surveying processes and safety programs as warranted by such developments.
- Recommends new approaches to problems encountered and makes changes in working methods and procedures where necessary.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates various phases of surveying work and monitoring the quality of service on work performed.
- Monitors work and projects performed by subordinate surveyors to ensure maintenance of quality, content, consistency and continuity of work performed, in cooperation with Marine Classification & Statutory Certification team.
- Provides leadership, guidance and training to lower level and/or less experienced surveyors, in cooperation with Marine Classification & Statutory Certification team.
- Performs routine surveys on classed ships, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers sites for compliance with classification and statutory requirements.
- Engages in contact with clients to solve problems within area of expertise.