Training And Qualifications
- Formal qualification in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Physically able to work in confined spaces, hazardous atmospheres, extreme temperatures and weather conditions, etc. and therefore being not suffering from allergies, vertigo, claustrophobia, etc.
- Willing to travel frequently
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of hull, machinery, materials, equipment and safety systems of ships
- At least 5 years professional experience, either as class surveyor or as owner superintendent or as shipyard quality control inspector or as a Chief Engineer (on board of merchant ships) are requested.
- Previous experience as a surveyor of Classification Societies would be an advantage
- Fluent in Finnish and English languages, both spoken and written
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team and on tight schedules.
- Ability to manage conflicts and to negotiate
- Pro-active customer focused approach
Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland