The job incumbent is responsible for conducting quality inspections of ships in service, ships under construction and marine equipment to determine their conformity with specified requirements (classification rules (Bureau Veritas, IACS), international regulations (IMO), national regulations, industry standards) or to attest a given situation of a ship.
- Undertake class and statutory surveys of ships in service in accordance with applicable rules and regulations.
- Carry out ISM/ISPS/MLC audits, as assigned by supervisor.
- Carry out inspections of marine equipment at manufacturers.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and ensure all survey / inspection reports (including survey certificates) are factual, objective and submitted within the stipulated format and timeframe.
- Keep up to date with new rules, regulations and technical or process information disseminated through internal communication.
- Participate in meetings (both internal and external) as required.
- Attend all scheduled trainings ( locally and overseas) and ultimately achieving specified delegations as agreed in Performance Management Process.
Degree in Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture / Mechanical Engineering or similar with experience in the shipping industry.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience as:
- Field surveyor in classification society (IACS member),
- or technical role in a ship management company,
- or sea going experience as a certified watch-keeping officer ,
- or ship project manager (repair or new construction) / technical manager
- or superintendent
- or a combination of the above
- Experience as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 auditor is regarded as an advantage
- PC literate
- Proficiency in English and Danish (or other Scandinavian language)
- Available to travel on short notice and accept short to mid-term abroad assignments as required.
- Available to work outside normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Resident in Esbjerg area would be an advantage considering that main part of the survey activity would be in that area
- Can-do attitude
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- A challenging and independent job in a busy international marine environment
- Opportunities for personal development and growth within the Bureau Veritas network
- Great team and professional colleagues
- A training program to ensure individual training needs are met
- Competitive remuneration package in line with the job applicants’ background
- A package of local benefit
Fredericia, South Denmark, Denmark