Marine Surveyor Job In Luanda Angola
The job incumbent is responsible for conducting quality inspection of ships in service or construction to determine their conformity with specified requirements (BV rules, International Maritime Organizations, National Regulations, Standards IACS Requirements, etc.) or to attest a given situation of a ship.
- Undertake classification / certification and statutory surveys and inspections of ships-in-service according to rules and regulations.
- Carry out ISM/ISPS/MLC audits, as assigned by supervisor.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders and ensure all survey / inspection reports (including survey certificates) are factual, objective and submitted within the stipulated format and timeframe.
- Keep up to date with new rules, regulations and technical information or process disseminated through internal communication.
- Participate in meetings (both internal and external) as required.
- Attend all scheduled trainings (locally and overseas) and ultimately achieving specified delegations as agreed in Performance Management Process.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of time & expense sheets.
- Maintain reporting and quality KPIs within specified turnaround time (set locally or by Head Office).
- Maintain and keep up level of technical competencies and qualifications.
- Ensure quality reporting output and customer satisfaction.
- Degree qualified in Marine Engineering / Naval Architecture.
- Min 5 years of experience in shipyard OR.
- Past experience as a Marine Surveyor in any IACS Class Society is preferable, as this will reduce the lengthy training period required for certification.
- Chief Engineer , with experience in a Ship Management / Owner Company as Technical Superintendent.
- PC Literate.
- Able to travel at short notice and accept short to mid-term overseas assignments as required.
Shaping A World of Trust
To be successful in this role, the right candidate will be able to demonstrate their ability to comply with our Absolutes (Safety, Ethics and Financial Control), and also Our Values (Trusted, Responsible, Ambitious & Humble, Open & Inclusive).
See More Jobs In Angola