About the job
Marine Surveyor Job In Rotterdam Netherlands
Are you a marine engineer or naval architect with a passion for the maritime industry? Do you want to work in a technical environment where you can use your expertise to share with clients and contribute to safety? Do you want to be a part of an international renowned maritime classification society? Are you looking for a job with a lot of diversity where you will visit many different interesting customers every other day? Then working as a Surveyor - Marine & Offshore for Lloyd’s Register is something for you! We will offer you a challenging job opportunity and the possibility to develop yourself and realise your ambitions.
What are you going to do?
- Surveys of all types of ships during construction and during service life;
- Surveys of material and equipment intended for marine applications at manufacturers works and laboratories;
- Understanding and interpreting national and international rules and regulations applicable for marine assets;
- Understanding the basic principles of risk management
- Providing good control of projects, including communicating with clients, financial control and timely and accurate reporting;
• BSc or MSc in Marine engineering, Naval architecture or similar;
- A degree or equivalent from a tertiary organisation recognised by Lloyd’s Register within the relevant field of engineering or physical science (minimum of two years programme) or qualifications from a marine or nautical institution and relevant sea-going experience as a certificated ship’s engineer officer;
- To use a combination of general and specialist engineering knowledge and understanding to optimise the application of existing and emerging technology;
- To be able to apply appropriate theoretical and practical methods to the analysis and solution of engineering problems;
- To provide technical and commercial leadership within the responsibilities assigned;
- To demonstrate effective interpersonal skills including communication in English and preferably in Dutch at all levels.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel outside of area on occasional basis
See More Jobs In Netherlands