RINA is seeking to hire a Marine Surveyor for its office in Livorno.
Primary function is to survey and assess ships and other marine structures during construction and in service, for compliance with the applicable Class, statutory and other possible applicable requirements.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related Rules, Regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes
- Prepare technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed
- Maintain survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility
- Maintain active awareness of new working methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities
- Recommend new approaches to problems encountered
- Perform routine surveys on classed ships, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers sites for compliance with classification and statutory requirements
- Engage in contact with clients to solve problems within area of expertise