Marine Systems Engineer
About the job
Marine Operations and Dynamic Positioning Services is a team within our Noble Denton marine services service area which perform a wide number of different marine advisory and consultancy services including, but not limited to:
- Dynamic Positioning Services.
- Assurance on Mission Specific Elements like Dive Systems, ROV Systems, Cranes, cable & Pipelay, lifting and Ballast systems.
- Vessel assurance inspections and marine surveys (CMID, OVID, on/off-hire, condition, suitability).
- Towing Vessel Approval Scheme (TVAS).
- Advisory services for rig moves, float-over operations, FPSO relocations, mooring operations, offshore heavy lifts, subsea power cable installations and all operations related to offshore wind farms.
- General marine consultancy.
- Marine casualty/ Incident investigation.
- Development and implementation of marine assurance procedures.
- Provision of marine advisory support on traditional oil and gas and renewables projects including as Marine Warranty Surveyor.
We are looking for an experienced marine engineer to further enhance our marine operations team. The team is multi-disciplined and comprises of master mariners, electrical engineers, marine systems engineers and control system engineers who work individually or collectively on a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects. Personnel can be involved in many different types of work and can range from anything from single day surveys to part of a team delivering ongoing services throughout a client’s marine operations.
Your role as a Marine Systems Engineer will be to perform a variety of tasks, as listed below, on marine systems auxiliaries (cooling systems, fuel, lubrication, compressed air, ventilation & HVAC, valves), ballast and bilge systems, cranes, pipelay and cablelay equipment:
- Perform Failure Modes and Effects Analysis.
- Create proving trials programs to support the desktop FMEA.
- Create annual trials programs for the ongoing verification and validation of the FMEA.
- Attend onboard vessels to witness proving and annual trials.
- General Marine consultancy.
- Perform risk based critical analysis on mission specific equipment with regards to design, operational interface, capability and general suitability for intended operations.
- Assurance audits and inspections of marine systems.
To qualify, we need you to have:
- Experience of performing FMEAs on marine systems.
- Knowledge and experience of working with IMCA, IMO, MTS and OCIMF codes and guidelines.
- Knowledge of and experience with dynamic positioning systems.
- Current offshore medical and survival certificate.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office suite as a minimum).
- Good report writing and technical authoring skills.
Below qualifications will additionally maximize your chances:
- An Engineering Degree at least at Bachelors level.
- Sea going experience as Chief Engineer, ETO or similar.
- DP Maintenance Certificate.
- Achieved or working towards IMCA DP Practitioner Accreditation Scheme.
In addition, the following attributes would be welcome although not essential:
- Understanding of computer applications (Oracle/ SAP/ I Inspect, etc.).
- Good existing network within the UK Maritime and Energy market.
- Good existing network within the offshore industry professional bodies.
- Member or Chartership with an appropriate engineering institute and/ or industry bodies/ forums/ societies.
Traits we value:
- Good communication skills at all levels of an organisation, both internally and externally.
- Flexibility in working conditions including a willingness to travel offshore and overseas often adhoc or at very short notice.
- Motivation to learn and grow their professional career.
There are plenty of opportunities for personal growth through our 70-20-10 philosophy (70% learning on the job, 20% coaching and 10% training) and an individual career development plan.
The position is rewarded appropriately, including benefits such as:
- A permanent contract.
- Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options).
- Access to industry experts from whom you can receive training and support.
- Wellbeing benefits (inc. Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Medical check-ups, Gym allowance and free fruit) as well as plenty of initiatives related to physical and mental wellbeing such as Yoga lessons, charity events, etc.
- Travel benefits (inc. Season Ticket Loan Cycle to Work Scheme).
- Life assurance and employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution - up to 9%).
- A one-off payment on award for attainment of Chartership status.
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500).
- and many, many more!
Loughborough, England, United Kingdom