Marine Technical Advisor
Responsible for coordinating safe, reliable, compliant and efficient logistical operations to ensure sufficient supply of goods and products, using advanced technical and analytical capabilities to ensure requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner while meeting safety and quality standards.
This role reports to the Cargo Movement and Marine Services Manager within Logistics Services working closely with the Lead Advisor – Marine Systems and other Marine and Engineer Advisors within the Marine Systems team.
You will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise, technical/risk management support and regular oversight activities for our marine operations on both our fixed and floating offshore production and FPSO facilities and onshore terminals and refineries.
You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Drive and embed an improvement culture to support marine site operations
- Provide direct support to regional organizational competence and capacity to ensure safe execution of marine site activities and operations
- Support the regional Area Production Managers & Operations Site Teams with marine expertise and knowledge for all marine site operations including capability, risk, integrity, and management of marine support systems
- Support delivery of marine site operations support through engagement with operations teams; liaison with operations partners, verification and validation of marine operations at offshore assets and terminals, and input on decision making processes
- Support newly established or expanding regions in development of resourcing & execution plans for hydrocarbon production using marine installations
- Support delivery of site marine risk, bowtie management and standardization across regions; driving a culture of improvement for site marine performance in regions and continuously seeking out operational improvements to reduce risk and increase efficiency
- Support the integration, training & familiarization of the Marine site organization
- Support regional nationalization strategies during operational stages
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in your area, including provision of current industry and internal standard methodology, ensuring compliance with Marine Standards
- Work with multiple fields across bp to include Integrity Management teams, Safety and Operational Risk Authorities, Engineering teams, OIMs, Site Marine Teams and regional Operations Leads
- Implement assigned duties in compliance with Group, business group, Operational, Sub-functional and Regional requirements; supporting other entities and regions as the need arises in areas such as Planning, Emergency Response, Incident investigations, SIMOPS, etc.
- Support and undertake Contract Accountable Manager & Job Rep duties for assigned contractors in accordance with bp contractor management procedures
- Deliver personal compliance with bp Safety Leadership Principles and Operating Field, demonstrating strong leadership of bp's Values & Behaviours including continuous improvement, performance management and personal development