Nautical Training Superintendent
Support and Enhance BSM Group’s Strategic Goals
- Ensure efficient facilitation and running of relevant courses.
- Ensure close coordination of activities with the Training Director / Training Manager with regards to training needs as well as communication with SMCs, CSCs, and other BSM departments when required.
- Delivery of training within a quality-controlled environment, leading to improved safety and performance within the BSM fleet.
- Ensure learning transfer is achieved through evaluation and assessment of attending seafarers to the satisfaction of the quality system and the customer’s needs.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of the training, training facilities, and quality system.
- Be available to carry out training in other BSM MTC and any other areas on BSM’s behalf and also where appropriate with third-party training institutions, to mutually benefit from the experience exchange.
- Participate in ship visits or sailing periods on board BSM vessels when the opportunity arises to maintain currency and up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the realities faced by BSM crew, in order to be effectively applied in the training environment.
- Ensure training facilities, equipment and simulators are prepared and available for training courses and kept in a ready state of maintenance utilising and implementing the maintenance plan of the MTC.
- Take personal responsibility to keep ahead of industry and BSM changes affecting training needs and inputs.
- Ensure budget consciousness in all activities and seek approval for spending through the Director/ Manager as appropriate and as applicable to the Group’s overall strategies and quality procedures.
- Participate in the development of an annual Training Plan incorporating the MTC utilisation in line with the MTC management review under ISO 9001 as may be amended. Keep the plan updated with relevant inputs and keep relevant parties informed of changes to any upcoming training schedules.
- Preparation for annual internal audits and external audits (as applicable) for procedural verification to ensure areas of responsibility are performed as required by quality procedures.
- Prepare and provide information for input into annual budgets as required.
- Participate in Fleet Officer’s Meetings within the MTC region to provide an effective platform for ship and shore-based organisations to exchange information, address identified areas of concern, and to intensify bonding with the Seafarers.
- Coordinate activities of support staff and where applicable consultants in the implementation and administration of MTC and corporate objectives.