- Strong engineering background, skill, knowledge and experience with work supervised under the director and senior engineers for design and engineering products.
- Excellent communication skills with clients, internal divisions of Foss Maritime Company and other staff.
- General knowledge of a wide range of commercial vessels.
- Ability to support development of vessel arrangements and to perform feasibility and concept level design of marine vessels as well as detail design of specific portions of vessels or modifications.
- Ability to support development of contract plans, specifications, and estimates for commercial and Foss projects.
- Ability to support development of structural design and engineering calculations for vessel construction and modification.
- Ability to perform trim and stability calculations and reports for marine vessels and floating equipment using GHS or other software.
- Ability to generate vessel design and modification drawings using AutoCAD or other software to support design, modifications, design studies, and contract drawings.
- General understanding of U.S. Coast Guard and marine classification society rules and regulatory requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint is required.
This position generally requires a Bachelor's degree in naval architecture. A Master's degree in naval architecture is highly desirable. A Washington EIT or similar registration is also highly desirable.