The Offshore Manager reports to the Nominated Onshore Manager and has the responsibility for the safe and efficient execution of the work in accordance with the relevant legislation and Company policies and procedures. This includes adhering to the Company Code of Conduct, Vision, Values and Behaviours, as supported by the Safe System of Working including Accountability of Safety.
All personnel are expected to carry out their duties in a safe and professional manner where Company HSEQ Performance Expectations are firmly embedded within our teams day to day working practises contributing towards an open culture founder upon positive behaviours and good leadership.
The Offshore Manager is Subsea 7’s Project/Operations representative offshore. They have full responsibility and accountability for all project activities carried out offshore and for management of all interfaces with the Captain.
The Offshore Manager assigned to a vessel reports to the Nominated Onshore Manager (SOM, VSTM or POM). When assigned to onshore support work, the Offshore Manager reports to the respective project team as appropriate, whether Capex or tender support. The Offshore Manager functionally reports to the Offshore Resources Director.
- Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7.
- Provide effective management onboard the vessel of project mobilisation, offshore operations and de-mobilisation.
- Plan, organise and schedule offshore operations in liaison with the Project Manager, Captain and Client Representative whilst considering the constraints of the overall project schedule.
- Liaise with the Captain for all aspects related to the management and safe operation of the Vessel.
- Provide the Shift Supervisors with an overview of the upcoming operations and direct them as required in the specific operations to be executed within their shift.
- Direct and consult with the Field and Project Engineers for technical/operational input to offshore activities.
- Direct and consult with the ROV and Technical Superintendents for technical/operational input to offshore activities and, for the maintenance and readiness of their respective equipment for short and medium term operations.
- Actively monitor all aspects of the execution of operations.
- Maintain a close and effective operational communication with the Captain, the Nominated Onshore Manager (SOM, VSTM or POM), Subcontractors and the Client Representative onboard
- Verify that task plans, offshore risk assessments, updates and changes to procedures (subject to MOC) are produced and approved.
- Follow-up and implement any corrective and/or mitigation action arising from audits, inspections, reviews, non-conformances, observations and Synergi Flashes and Internal Safety Notices.
- Issue a Daily Progress Report, which covers Project and Marine activities in accordance with the recommended format (Subsea 7 standard plus Project specifics) and have the same approved by the Client Representative onboard.
- Plan and organise crew changes in liaison with the Worksite Administrator and the Onshore Crewing Logistics Coordinator.
- Liaise with Skillpools regarding project crew: allocation; performance; utilisation; training and competence requirements.
- Liaise with L&D regarding project crew development requirements, plus ensure all project crew participate in the company Competence Assurance Assessment Programme (CAAP) and complete their e-learning as per the training matrix.
- In liaison with the Captain, verify that adequate systems are in place to effectively respond to any emergency and critical situations.
- Assist Project Managers, Tender Project Managers and their respective teams to prepare, validate, risk assess offshore execution plans and installation procedures as well as validate sequence and duration of activities.
- Be commercially and contractually aware of all matter relating to the project, ensuring Subsea 7’s interests are protected.
- Take part in the annual PMR process.