Project Manager - Marine
About the job
The Project Manager will oversee geophysical survey project activities including tendering, contract negotiations, project support and reporting requirements.
- Ensures all activities are carried out with the highest regard to the health and safety of all involved and to the protection of the environment and prevention of pollution.
- Delivers high quality and professional work in accordance with the company Integrated Management System and project specific documentation.
- Pre-plans fieldwork and liaises with clients to ensure both parties are fully informed of mobilization and planning arrangements; works with other business lines and department managers where necessary.
- Controls project budgets and expenditures; ensures the project is completed in a cost-effective manner.
- Reviews and approves invoices; recovers costs from third parties where appropriate.
- Selects project team in cooperation with department managers.
- Provides written briefing to project team; attends mobilization for vessel briefing if appropriate.
- Provides detailed job instructions to project team.
- Prepares project documentation for client approval.
- Implements the company's QHSE Management Systems on each project. Coordinates with department managers and other project managers regarding other projects, to ensure optimal utilization of resources.
- Maintains daily contact and coordinates with project field operations.
- Prepares project invoicing information to enable prompt dispatch to the client; follows up on outstanding payments where necessary in liaison with accounting department.
- Follows Fugro Project Manager guidelines.
- Prepares project invoicing information to enable prompt dispatch to the client.
- Follow up outstanding payments where necessary in liaison with department manager and accounts department.
- Identifies personal training needs and communicates with supervisor to discuss training and development options.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties or completes special projects as assigned.