Second Mate Offshore Job Bourbon
Second Mate DPO AHTS PSV MPSV M/F
Roles and responsibilities
Second Mate is third in command of the vessel and a watch keeping officer. Their responsibility lies in the safe and efficient voyage and navigation of the vessel. In some cases the Second Officer acts as the Safety Officer ensuring the compliance of the vessel operations with regards to international regulations and company requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and provide necessary written instructions from and to the other Deck Officer
- Is Conversant with the vessel maneuvering and bridge equipment + the vessel DP system including its functions, the manuals and procedures.
- Aware of the DP Plan Maintenance
- Communicate and report to the Master any deficiency, incident or event that may potentially impact the vessel operations (including DP operations)
- Participate in emergency and DP emergency response trainings.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all task
Above mentioned list of duties is not exhaustive and tasks on board vessels assigned to this position are not limited to above list.
Areas of operations:
- West Africa (Angola, Nigeria, Gabon, Cameroon, Congo, Ivory Coast,...)
- Persian Gulf (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE)
Rotation (in average):
Our minimum certificate requirements:
- OOW license unlimited (STCW A-II/1)
- DPO unlimited certificate
Our minimum experience requirements:
- 4 months seatime in rank on AHTW/TUG
- 1 Rig Move/Towing
- 6 months seatime in rank on any vessels
- 6 months seatime in rank on MPSV
Minimum level of education required
6 - Other
Minimum level of experience required
Licenses (seafearers only)
- A-IV/2_GMDSS radio personnel
- Deck Officer of the Watch Unlimited (A-II/1)
English (Maritime English)
Type of vessel
See more offshore jobs