Senior Marine Operator
The role will be accountable for the below in the Southern and East Africa Region, which includes T&S’s South Africa Marine and Transit businesses, as well as the Mozambique import.
- Responsible for seamless order processing; communication to delivery points and operations
- Liaise with customers and their agents, terminals and all service providers to effect seamless scheduling/actualisation and bunker deliveries. In the main the role is to coordinate trade execution of terminal/barge/road tankers services.
- Ensure timely order processing, fulfilment and issuing of accurate invoices with supporting documentation.
- Managing delivery note receipt (DRN) inbox; matching DNR to bunker receipt and timely archiving of these.
- Ensure timely scheduling, ISP nomination and terminal cascade, check and ensure issue and delivery of correct and timely invoice to customer, timely credit collection and O2C champion.
- Develop, implement, maintain and enforce team compliance with unit documents filling plans
- Initiate unit purchase orders; seek necessary approvals and ensure timely settlement
- Keep signed and up to date customer and (barge/truck/surveyors) service provision agreements
- Check bills for compliance with contracts/agreements above
- Ensure effective & timely documents exchange between business and declaring agents for recovery of DAS/Levy/Vat where applicable – vat/DAS for local fuel oil/Gasoil deals from TAX authorities – business link with declaring agents
- And as such see to marine team administrative and secretariat duties
- This person will be a natural cover for Marine SNR Operator
- Essential to this person’s development is deliberately opportunity/space will be created for cover/shadowing of Marine Market and Supply coordinators.
- Supply/logistics or Business Degree / 3-year Diploma (Accounting, Finance, economics or supply and logistics) or similar level of business experience.
The successful candidate will need to be a self-starter with a strong shipping and logistics background with the following:
- 2-3 years’ experience in commercial/logistics/shipping/scheduling/operations environment
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge and appreciation of marine/bunker/shipping industry
- Process driven environment
- Quickly picks up and able to develop new concepts and ideas
- Strong influencing skills, with an ability to build consensus and engagement across teams, functions, and geographies
- Able to manage and build strong counterparty relationships in a short period of time with external and internal parties whom incumbent has not met or worked with before.
- Powerful communicator and influencer
- Strong analytical and logistics skills
- Clearly understands and can articulate the sources of trading value
- Understanding of tax compliance, documentation and traceability
- Experience and expertise in both downstream, shipping and/or petroleum industries
- Energetic; self-starting and structured/seeing things to completeness
- Ability to energise and work within a small team of professionals and build internal/external networks to deliver seamless running.
- Work co-operatively to enhance effectiveness, share ideas and successes
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa