Subject Matter Expert is responsible for understanding business requirements, success metrics & user pain points, as well as collaborating with the cross-functional product teams to define the solutions, solve business problems and build amazing user experiences.
You will operate in a scrum team with a dedicated product owner, independently directing your time and resources together with the software engineers in the team.
Your responsibilities will cover researching business problems and objectives, user experiences & needs, translating them into user stories, and ensuring requirements are sufficiently detailed so as to enable the team to deliver operationally feasible and high-quality solutions.
Your key focus will be to safeguard that our solutions create value: driving technical energy efficiency on vessels, enabling effective fleet performance management, and providing benefits to users – both on vessels and in the office.
You will support the team with testing to ensure the acceptance of the solutions, as well as assist with developing communication and training material. You will provide 3rd level user support in domain related matters, as well as train and mentor Level 2 support teams. You will be a “go-to” person for other teams and stakeholders.
· unparalleled know-how in how container vessel’s engine room operates and how to produce energy the most efficient way
· mechanical or marine engineer (or similar) education
· hand on experience in the field, potentially as engineer on a container vessel
· some knowledge of and a keen interest in software development
· willingness to continue to learn about software development principals on the job, to expand your knowledge base
· willingness to work under Agile product development framework
· passion for solving problems and thinking out of the box
· good teamwork skills, balanced with the autonomy, proactiveness and motivation to produce both individually and in cooperation with others
· exceptional (verbal & written) communication and interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to “place” software developers into the vessel operations context
· strong drive to get things done, specifically to multi-task and meet deadlines consistently
· ability to stay motivated in a fast-moving environment with a degree of ambiguity
· proficiency in both verbal and written English.