- You monitor and report on technical matters, as well as operational expenses, for the VOS Genoa fleet;
- You manage technical-related unplanned off hires, port-state-control and Class inspections;
- You communicate with the Operations Department on day-to-day matters related to voyage operations;
- You schedule and supervise the planned and unplanned repairs, inspections and drydockings;
- You maintain and ensure compliance with respect to Class requirements;
- You arrange surveys and audits, including all the necessary reporting.
You work in the Ship Management Team, in close coordination with the Crewing, Purchasing and QHSE Departments, and report to the Fleet Manager.
Our preferred candidate has:
- A University degree in Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering or relevant experience as an Engineer on (offshore) vessels and/or in ship repair/ship management;
- A minimum of two years’ relevant ship-management experience, preferably with a Class Registry and/or a Shipowner;
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to travel frequently and ability to work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of the Italian flag and flag-administration system would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English and Italian are essential.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU, will be considered for this role.
Genoa, Liguria, Italy