Vroon Offshore Services (VOS Srl.), located in Genoa, is part of the Vroon Group. VOS excels in the provision of diverse services and solutions for key offshore-support needs, including platform supply, emergency response and rescue, anchor handling tug supply, walk to work and subsea support. In addition, VOS offers a wide range of complementary offshore services, such as seismic/survey support, maintenance, engineering and scientific support.
VOS Srl. endeavors to provide customers with excellent technical performance of vessels, as well as a close relationship from a commercial and operational perspective.
VOS Srl. operates a fleet of approximately 15 vessels.
What will you do?
In this function, you are responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on technical matters, as well as operational expenses, for our VOS Genoa fleet;
- Organising technical-related unplanned off hires, port-state-control and Class inspections:
- Communicating with the Operations Department on day-to-day matters related to voyage operations;
- Scheduling and supervising planned and unplanned repairs, inspections and dry dockings in an international setting.
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with respect to Class status of vessels;
- Arranging surveys and audits, including reporting.
You work in the Ship Management team, in close coordination with Crewing, Purchasing, QHSE Departments, and report to the Manager Ship Management.
To excel in this function you have:
- A Higher Nautical or Technical Education diploma;
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, for example as Chief Engineer/First Engineer or in ship repair/ship management;
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to travel frequently and ability to work well under pressure;
- Knowledge of the Italian flag and flag administration system would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English and Italian are essential.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU, will be considered for this role.
What do we offer?
We believe that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees.
This is why, if you join our Company, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Competitive terms and conditions;
- A wide range of development and training opportunities;
- Daily Ticket restaurant;
- A salary in line with the market.
Genoa, Liguria, Italy