Iver Ships B.V., located in Breda, forms part of the Vroon Group and is engaged in the worldwide transportation of oil/chemical products and bitumen, through the operation of a modern tanker fleet.
Iver Ships endeavours to provide customers with excellent technical performance of vessels, as well as a close relationship from a commercial and operational perspective.
Iver Ships operates a fleet of 20 vessels, including 14 high-heat tankers.
What will you do?
The Superintendent is responsible for:
- Monitoring and reporting on technical matters, as well as operational expenses, for our Iver Ships fleet;
- Organising technical-related unplanned off hires, port-state-control and vetting inspections, in cooperation with the QHSE Department;
- Communicating with the Operations Department on day-to-day matters related to voyage operations;
- Coordinating and supervising planned and unplanned repairs, inspections and dry dockings in an international setting;
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with respect to Class status of vessels;
- Arranging surveys and audits, including reporting.
As a Superintendent you form an important part of the Ship Management team of Iver Ships B.V., which also consists of the Manager Ship Management and Crewing Manager.
Our preferred candidate has:
- A Higher Technical Education diploma and relevant experience as First or Second Engineer on vessels and/or in ship repair/ship management;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a structured manner;
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills;
- A minimum of one to two years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Willingness to travel and ability to work well under pressure;
- Experience of the tanker industry would be an advantage;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills in English are essential.
Only candidates eligible to live and work in the EU will be considered for this position.
What do we offer?
We believe that to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees.
This is why, if you join our company, you will enjoy benefits such as:
- Competitive terms and conditions;
- A wide range of development opportunities, including a (free) internal training programme and an annual personal budget that can be used for your own personal and professional development goals;
- A salary in line with the market, plus an annual performance bonus;
- A company restaurant, in which it is a pleasure to have lunch or meetings.
Breda, North Brabant, Netherlands