With the assistance and guidance of an experienced ABS Surveyor:
- Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
- Performs routine surveys on classed vessels, platforms or other marine structures and at manufacturers for classification and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of inspections and surveys performed.
- Engages in contact with clients to resolve problems within area of expertise.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility.