Surveyor and Auditor
Surveyor And Auditor Job In Montreal, QC,Canada
DNV Maritime Region Americas is seeking a Surveyor and Auditor to join our Montreal Station.
As a fleet in service Senior Surveyor and Lead auditor for Montreal you will be member of a highly-qualified team of surveyors and serving the maritime industry and various ship types (e.g.: bulk carriers, containers, general cargo, tankers, lakers, passenger vessels) calling ports in Quebec and Ontario provinces.
Tasks may include
- Conduct inspection surveys and certification of ships in service to ascertain the condition of mechanically functioning hulls, machinery, equipment, and equipage to determine repairs required for vessels to meet requirements for classification. Conduct inspection and certification of shipbuilding materials and of ships during construction.
- Ensure that the work or duties performed are in accordance with the Rules, Regulations, Instructions, Guidelines and quality requirements of the organization and the instructions of the line management.
- Work on major vessel conversions, alterations or any technical matters involving all type of vessels.
- Maintain the confidentiality of Clients' business, processes, designs, developments and documentation at all times.
- When applicable, to supervise the work of others and ensure that it is carried out as above and in an efficient and economic manner.
- Communicate to line management at the earliest appropriate opportunity if in receipt of information that is important to the reputation or integrity of the organization.
- Exhibit customer oriented focus through promoting DNV onboard or on-site, and by acting as a technical resource for customer questions.
- Support Key Account Managers (KAM) as Technical Support Manager (TSM)