The primary function of the Surveyor is to examine and report on vessels and other marine and offshore structures during and after construction relative to compliance with the applicable requirements for meeting associated statutory and special service requirements related to international regulations, classification rules or client specified rules/guidelines. May also be responsible for the administration of office procedures and monitoring of business performance at an assigned port.
What You Will Do:
- Acts as a professional specialist for the organization in the application of related rules, regulations, requirements, concepts, principles and processes.
- Remains knowledgeable of new methods and developments affecting the technical scope of assigned responsibilities and makes recommendations for changes in the surveying processes and safety programs as warranted by such developments. Recommends new approaches to problems encountered and makes changes in methods, procedures or design where necessary.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating various phases of surveying work and monitoring the quality of service on work performed.
- Engages in contact with clients in order to resolve problems within area of expertise.
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports of all inspections and surveys performed.
- Monitors all work and projects performed by subordinate surveyors to ensure maintenance of quality, content, consistency and continuity of all work performed.
- Provides supervision, guidance and training to lower-level surveyors. Promotes the services and capabilities of ABS to present and potential customers.
- Maintains survey files in an orderly and up-to-date manner in area of responsibility.